Tom Knisely has maintained and woven with hundreds of looms in more than three decades of teaching at The Mannings Handweaving School in rural Pennsylvania. In this course, filmed on location, Tom explains how to get the most from your loom:
- The features, advantages, and quirks of numerous types of jack, countermarch, counterbalance, and table looms
- How to read all kinds of drafts and tie-ups correctly for your loom
- The tools that every weaver should have
- Easy steps to keep your loom and other weaving tools in top working order
- Dozens of tips for trouble-free weaving
From the beams to the bench, from tie-on to tie-up and sheds to shuttles, Tom shows how to prepare yourself and your loom for a satisfying, successful weaving experience.
Weave a Good Rug with Tom Knisely
Tom Knisely will teach you all the ins and outs of rug weaving. From fibers to finishing, Tom explains everything you need to know to successfully and comfortably weave attractive, sturdy rugs you’ll delight in having underfoot.
Beginning Weaving with Tom Knisely
This course will cover the basics of multi-shaft looms, warping comfortably, planning a project using your chosen yarn, weaving tips fand much more!
The Efficient Weaver with Laura Fry
In this course, join expert weaving instructor Laura Fry and learn how to weave more efficiently and consistently.