Buy with confidence with our 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, apply the value of your first course purchase to a future All Access membership.
In this course, filmed on location at The Mannings Handweaving School in rural Pennsylvania, Tom Knisely will teach you all the ins and outs of rug weaving. From fibers to finishing, Tom explains everything you need to know to successfully and comfortably weave attractive, sturdy rugs you’ll delight in having underfoot.
This course covers:
- Overview of rug structures and the importance of an unbalanced cloth
- What features to look for in a rug loom in order to create a sturdy piece of fabric
- Rug shuttles, temples, and other equipment that make rug weaving more successful and easier on the weaver
- Choosing and preparing materials, from cottons and wools to fabrics for rags
- Warping techniques specifically for weaving rugs
- Dozens of tips for weaving warp rep and weft rep, rag, and bound weave rugs
- Braids, fringes, binding, and other finishing techniques
As a bonus, be sure to check out the Resources section on the for four rug-weaving designs!
“Tom's course on rug weaving is very thorough. Presents the information clearly and completely and has given me the confidence (and some great tricks-of-the-trade) . . . !”