Judith will also show how to get the best performance from each type of wheel, and share tips on making your wheel as efficient and versatile as it was designed to be.
- how wheel size influences its spinning;
- how the shape of your flyer affects your spinning;
- why your hooks are on the same side of the flyer, or why you might want them to be;
- why a pulley is not a whorl;
- how to fill a flyer properly, and why it matters;
- how to spin 6 different yarns with simple adjustments to your wheel;
- many other fascinating and useful facts and exercises that will make you a better spinner.
- What You Will Learn FREE PREVIEW
- About The Instructor
- Technical Support
- Video Lesson: The Evolution of Spinning
- Video Lesson: Flyer Mechanics
- Understanding the Drive to Spin
- Video Lesson: The Parts of a Wheel
- Footman & Treadle; Drive Wheel; Bobbin; & Flyer
- Video Lesson: Managing Tension
- Spinning the Yarn You Want
- Video Lesson: Maintaining Your Wheel
- Wheel Maintenance
- What You Learned
Finishing Up: How to Wash, Block, Dry & Finish Handspun Yarns
Get ready to start Finishing Up with Kate Larson! Techniques, measuring, and more!
Designing Handwoven Projects with Tom Knisely
Whether you are relatively new to weaving or have been weaving for years, this workshop will guide you through everything you need to consider before designing your own projects.
The Weaver's Yarn Companion
Tom Knisely has been weaving for more than four decades. In this course, filmed on location at his studio in Pennsylvania, Tom helps you navigate the vast array of yarns available to weavers today.