In this workshop you will cover
- Advancing and advancing point twills;
- How to create curves with network drafting;
- How to integrate more than one twill design in your weaving at the same time;
- How to develop your own twill drafts using software.
- Video Lesson: Advancing Twill
- Advancing Twill: Key Points
- Advancing Twills at a Glance
- Video Lesson: Network Drafting
- Network Drafting: Key Points
- Sample Threading Initials
- Video Lesson: Integrated Twills
- Key Points
- Video Lesson: Developing Integrated Twill Drafts with Software
- Video Lesson: Conclusion
- What You Learned
- Course Handout: Lessons & Drafts
Totally Twill: the Basics with Robyn Spady
In this video, master weaver Robyn Spady shows you how to mix and match twill threadings, tie-ups, and treadling to create a profusion of patterns.
Weaving with Linen with Tom Knisely
Linen is a strong and durable fiber, ideal as a warp for carpets and other items that get a lot of wear. It's also beautiful, with a lustrous sheen and beautiful drape, and works as both a warp and weft yarn for many kinds of projects.
Expressive Weaving on a Rigid Heddle Loom
In this course, join Esther Rodgers and learn a variety of techniques and effects to expand your creativity and enjoyment of weaving on a rigid heddle loom.