You’ll see how easy it is to use natural dyes, and gain a foundation for your own natural dyeing adventures.
This workshop covers
- using natural dyestuffs that create the entire color wheel;
- how to set up your natural dyeing studio;
- important safety practices for natural dyeing;
- how to prepare your fiber for dyeing;
- how to create natural dye extracts and dye your fiber.
Get ready to learn about natural dyeing!
- Video Lesson: Introduction to Using Natural Dyes
- Understanding Natural Dyes
- Natural Dyes & the Color Wheel
- Video Lesson: Understanding the Dyeing Process
- The Dyeing Process
- Video Lesson: Safety
- Basic Safety
- Video Lesson: Dyeing Equipment
- Basic Dyeing Equipment
- Video Lesson: Principles Behind the Dye Process
- Basic Principles
- Video Lesson: Fiber Preparation
- Before You Dye: Preparing Your Fiber
- Video Lesson: Mordants
- Mordanting Your Fiber
- Video Lesson: Making Dye & Dyeing
- Making Dye Extracts & Dyeing
- More Info on Dye Formulas
- Workshop Summary
- Natural Dyeing Class Handout
Weaving with Linen with Tom Knisely
Linen is a strong and durable fiber, ideal as a warp for carpets and other items that get a lot of wear. It's also beautiful, with a lustrous sheen and beautiful drape, and works as both a warp and weft yarn for many kinds of projects.
Beginning Weaving with Tom Knisely
This course will cover the basics of multi-shaft looms, warping comfortably, planning a project using your chosen yarn, weaving tips fand much more!
Finishing Up: How to Wash, Block, Dry & Finish Handspun Yarns
Get ready to start Finishing Up with Kate Larson! Techniques, measuring, and more!