If you'd like to download this video, please visit https://shop.longthreadmedia.com/products/natural-dyeing-video-download?variant=29318422626338 (this is a streaming only video).
Who understands color better than Mother Nature? From quiet to riotous, nature's color schemes are always harmonious, and natural dyes can be used to create beautiful, vibrant colorways. In this video, master dyer Dagmar Klos introduces you to the secrets of dyeing your fibers, yarns, and textiles with nature's perfect palette.
You'll Love This Weaving Video If:
- You love the harmonious colors of nature's palette
- You love to experiment with color
- You want to produce dyestuffs from your own garden
- You're interested in recreating historical cloth
In Natural Dyeing You'll Learn:
- The basic dyestuffs that yield the natural color wheel
- How to set up your natural dyeing studio
- Important safety practices for natural dyeing
- How to prepare your fiber, yarn, or cloth for dyeing
- How to create natural dye extracts and dye your fiber
About the Expert:
Dagmar Klos is a dye master, fiber artist, and teacher. She has served as co-publisher and co-editor of the Turkey Red Journal, a newsletter dedicated to natural dyes. In 2002, she received the Handweavers Guild of America's Certificate of Excellence in Dyeing. Dagmar's colorful woven scarves appear in Handwoven Scarves (Interweave Press, 1999), and have often graced the pages of Handwoven magazine. She lives in Chicago, Illinois.