If you'd like to download this video, please visit https://shop.longthreadmedia.com/products/12-plus-ways-to-spin-batts-video-download?variant=29317979373602 (this is a streaming only video).
Batts are irresistible; almost every spinner has a few in their stash. But batts can be mysterious. How do you know what’s inside that rolled up jewel of fiber and how to spin it? In this video we will dig deeply into batts. Learn how to spin batts for silky smooth or wildly textured yarn. Explore the different ways to spin multicolored batts, keeping the colors distinct, creating a pattern, or mixing the colors together. The first secret to spinning batts is knowing what type of batt you have and what type of yarn you want, and you’ll learn that and much more in 12 (Plus!) Ways to Spin Batts.
You will love this video if you:
- Want to learn how to spin batts in different ways
- Are interested in learning to control color in a batt.
- Want to learn how to control texture in a batt
In this video you will learn how to:
- Identify different kinds of batts
- How to prepare a batt to spin the yarn you have in mind
- Control color flow in a batt.
- Control texture in a batt to spin for lofty, smooth, or wild yarn.
Techniques demonstrated in this video:
- Preparing a batt to spin
- Keeping colors distinct when spinning batts
- Blending colors in a batt
- Spinning textured and challenging batts
- Core spinning batts
Jillian Moreno is a spinning teacher and author whose work regularly appears in Spin-Off. She is the editor of the online magazine Knittyspin, and she is at work on her first book.