If you'd like to download this video, please visit https://shop.longthreadmedia.com/products/color-magic-value-and-harmony-grouped?variant=29317850071074 (this is a streaming only video).
Composing colors is like making music: sometimes your composition calls for thunderous drama and sometimes you want quiet harmony. And like every good musician, you need to know your “instrument," the palette of colors available in your medium. In this video, master colorist and crafter Deb Menz explains how to compose with colors in a variety of mediums to create just the mood and impression you want. Through color exercises with Deb and seeing literally hundreds of examples, you'll learn to compose colors in a variety of mediums, including knitting, spinning, weaving, surface design hand- and machine-embroidery, beadwork, quilting, and paper collage.
You'll Love This Video If:
- You like to play with color
- You're a multi-media crafter
- You like to take a project and make it your own
- You've ever said “I just don't have good color sense."
In Color Magic: Value & Harmony You'll Learn:
- How to accurately determine the value of a color
- How to work with color in major and minor color keys
- How to determine whether colors are analogous or complementary
- Composition with color chords: triads, tetrads, and hexads
About the Expert:
Deb Menz is a teacher and fiber artist with years of dyeing and color-blending experience. Her previous DVDs, Color Works for Spinners and Dyeing in the Kitchens, supplement her classic books, Color in Spinning and Color Works. Deb lives in Middleton, Wisconsin.