If you'd like to download this video, please visit https://shop.longthreadmedia.com/products/color-magic-color-families-grouped?variant=29317850038306 (this is a streaming only video).
In any medium, color is the key to successful crafting. The right color combination can take a project from good to spectacular, whereas a poor combination can waste time and materials with disappointing results. The great news is that “color sense" can be learned! In this video, master colorist and crafter Deb Menz introduces you to the family traits of colors. What is a “warm" blue? How does yellow affect everything around it, and how can you use that to your advantage? What if you can't find the exact color of yarn, fabric, or beads that you want? How can you design or substitute with confidence? Through color exercises with Deb, you'll learn.
You'll Love This Video If:
- You like to play with color.
- You're a multi-media crafter.
- You like to take a project and make it your own.
- You've ever said “I just don't have good color sense."
In Color Magic: Color Families You'll Learn:
- The six hue families
- How to identify and work with warm and cool colors
- How to spot and work with undertones
- How to successfully combine hue families in your designs
About the Expert:
Deb Menz is a teacher and fiber artist with years of dyeing and color-blending experience. Her previous DVDs, Color Works for Spinners and Dyeing in the Kitchens, supplement her classic books, Color in Spinning and Color Works. Deb lives in Middleton, Wisconsin.