If you'd like to download this video, please visit https://shop.longthreadmedia.com/products/the-efficient-weaver-grouped?variant=29317868093474 (this is a streaming only video).
The most common complaint of weavers is that they don't have enough time for weaving. Production weaver and teacher Laura Fry has an answer: weave more efficiently so you can make the most of the weaving time that you have. In addition to getting more textile for your time at the loom, Laura's techniques and tips will also help you weave better cloth while reducing wear and tear on your body. What more could a weaver ask?
You'll Love This Weaving Video If:
- You'd like warping to be a breeze
- You yearn for perfect selvedges
- You want to enjoy your weaving more and spend less time fixing problems
In The Efficient Weaver You'll Learn:
- How to warp your loom quickly and accurately
- How to achieve correct, consistent tension during warping and weaving
- How to thread faster than you've ever imagined
- Techniques for weaving perfect selvedges,
- Dozens of ways to make weaving easier on your body
About the Expert:
Laura Fry chose weaving as a career in 1975 and took weaving classes at every opportunity, including study at Banff School of Fine Arts in Alberta, Canada, and Varpapuu Summer Weaving School in Finland. She earned certification in 1997 as one of Canada's Master Weavers, the 27th weaver to achieve the honor. She started her business in 1977 and since 1980 has worked full-time as a professional handweaver. Laura teaches throughout Canada and the United States, writes for a variety of textile publications, including Handwoven magazine, and wins awards for the beautiful clothing fabrics that have always been her passion.