Weaving is an investment of time and yarn. One of the greatest modern innovations in weaving is the availability of software that enables weavers to quickly create and test their designs before committing them to the loom. Weaving software can be a wonderful aid to creating drafts, understanding weave structures, and working with color. In this video, Madelyn van der Hoogt overviews the basic and some of the advanced features common to weaving software products and shows how to use them in your weaving projects. Along with Madelyn’s video workshop, this video gives you a printable booklet with examples of design tasks and a list of weaving software products.
Click here for handbook.
Run Time: 01:22:09
You’ll Love This Weaving Video If:
- You love to create your own designs for weaving
- You like to play with patterns and colors
- You like to explore different weave structures
- You want to test different combinations of yarns and drafts before you weave
In Designing with Weaving Software You’ll Learn:
- How to use software to create weaving drafts
- How to work with color
- How to work with different thread sizes
- Ways to explore drafts and structures with block substitution and other features
About the Expert: Over three decades of weaving, writing, and teaching, Madelyn van der Hoogt has taught thousands of weavers the simple joys and intricate possibilities of weaving. Madelyn is the owner of The Weavers School, author of The Complete Book of Drafting, and editor emerita ofHandwoven magazine.