If you'd like to download this video, please visit https://shop.longthreadmedia.com/products/combing-fiber-hd-video-download?variant=29317850464290
In Combing Fiber you'll get to see and experience a variety of techniques for combing wool and wool production. It's easy to be intimidated by some of the combs that Robin uses, but with her guidance you'll learn the necessary safety for your equipment, which comb to use for which fiber, and hear fun stories about the history of wool along the way.
You'll Love This Spinning Video If:
- You need to see the steps for combing with clear instruction
- You want to learn how to use different types of combs but don't know where to start
- You enjoy the historical element of combing fiber with different combs
In Combing Fiber You'll Learn:
- How to use a variety of combs such as hand-held Viking combs, Russian paddle combs, and classic English combs
- How to comb for worsted spinning
- How to care and maintain all types of combs
A Word From the Author:
"My name is Robin Russo, and I've been spinning for about 40 years. I enjoy spinning from very well prepared fibers because they enable me to exercise more control over my yarns." — Robin Russo
About the Author:
Robin Russo has been a fiber enthusiast for over 40 years and enjoys teaching spinning and dyeing, working with exotic fibers, and felting. She has taught at numerous gatherings of spinners, weavers, knitters and historical societies since 1989. Robin practices her craft from her home in Bradford, Vermont.
What Other Spinners Are Saying:
"This is exactly what I needed to get started. You really need to WATCH someone do this before you tackle this skill. I feel confident now that I won't gore myself and can produce some finely prepared fiber for true worsted spinning. If you have been wanting to try this, this is what you need to get started. Video is well-produced with good close-ups and excellent detail." — Catherine D.